Wednesday, March 17, 2010

WITH YOUR KISS MY LIFE BEGINS

The Amazing, Androgynous, Avant-garde; David Bowie. A man that has pushed the boundaries of the status quo–looking at him was like a glimpse into the future. I am in love with his music; his voice; his style.


Two of my most favorite songs are: This is not America and Bowie's version of Johnny Mathis then Nina Simone's Wild is the Wind. The lyrics blow me away...

Wild is the Wind
Love me, love me, love me, love me, say you do.
Let me fly away with you. For my love is like the wind.
And wild is the wind. Wild is the wind.
Give me more than one caress, satisfy this hungriness.
Let the wind blow through your heart.
Oh wild is the wind, wild is the wind.
You touch me, I hear the sound of mandolins.
You kiss me. With your kiss my life begins.
You're Spring to me, all things to me.
Don't you know you're life, itself!
Like the leaf clings to the tree. Oh, my darling, cling to me.
For we're like creatures in the wind, and wild is the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment